As Mortgage Branch Manager, you will direct and manage all activities including production, management and marketing of the branch. You will serve as the ambassador for Ready Mortgage Lenders for all actions in your community while ensuring our company values and directives are followed by those you manage.
The ideal candidate will be focused, have strong communication skills, and the ability to think strategically. You will need a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships in your community. This will be achieved by developing an appropriate level of communication to better understand and mitigate any request or questions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Determines, coordinates and monitors branch and subordinate work procedures and activities, oversees loan processing procedures and progress, counsels subordinates on difficult loans and expedites loan closings to ensure timely and efficient branch operations.
- Develop new and maintain relationship with other members in the real estate community in an effort to grow business and help the company expand.
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant.
- Utilize professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the organization.
- Complete yearly education requirements set by the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- Serves as a liaison between loan originators on the team and operational management.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive business in new and existing markets.
- Recruit additional mortgage professionals to continue expanding your team.
- Establish and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Mentor employees to help them achieve individual and team goals.
- Review branch loan files daily to determine status.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership skills to motivate and direct a team of mortgage professionals with a desire to help others reach their career goals.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across department and locations.
- Strong working knowledge of Conventional, Jumbo, FHA and VA lending guidelines.
- Strong familiarity with Ellie Mae Encompass, DU, LP, credit-reporting interface.
- Licensed under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent managerial experience.
- 5+ years of retail mortgage sales experience
- Highly motivated and target driven.