As a Sr. Loan Underwriter, you will analyze the loan packages to verify it meets the required guidelines set by both the HUD Department and private investors. Upon positive eligibility, you will be task of matching the applicant with the most suitable lending program. At times, you will have to communicate with Company investors, Customers, Loan officers and Loan processors. The ideal candidate is an individual that is organized, detail oriented, analytical and possess strong written/ verbal communication. He or she, should be comfortable communicating effectively and in a professional manner. In addition, they will need to continue with industry guidelines updates.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze submitted loans to ensure it meets loan program guidelines and requirements.
- Condition files for missing required supporting documentation.
- Revisit prior loans to review and clear requested conditions.
- Identify and calculate loan risk of loss.
- Approve, counter, or deny loan files.
- 5+ of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Direct endorsement (DE) Certification, VA Approval, LAPP Approval
- Advanced experience in Ellie Mae Encompass, Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter, Freddie Mac Loan Prospector and Microsoft office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, investor products, mortgage insurance and underwriting guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending practices and guidelines.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across departments and locations.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience stated above.
*Full benefits, 401K and PTO days included.