As a Post Closer, you will be responsible for managing the mortgage file after it has been closed. You will have to ensure that the loan and the required documents requested by the investor are deliver to them in a proficient and expedite manner. You will play a key role in ensuring the investment quality of each loan by insuring the loan functions, along with monitoring and resolving items within the loan after closing.
The ideal candidate is an individual that is detail oriented, analytical and possess strong written, verbal, and organizational skills. They should be comfortable communicating effectively and in a professional manner. In addition, you will need to take the initiative to train and stay informed with new update released by investor.
Responsibility will include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor daily the correspondent pipeline reports for any request or missing documentation needed to finalize the pending transaction.
- Validate each file is in compliance with Ready Mortgage Lenders Investor’s requirements and guidelines.
- Review and validate all closed loan file documents for presence, completion and quality.
- Ship all loan files that are closed and waiting to be sold to the appropriate investors.
- Complete appropriate credit and collateral checklist for each loan.
- Prepare closed loan for sales to investors or secondary market.
Desire Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending practices and guidelines.
- Proficient in Ellie Mae Encompass and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 3+ year of post-closing experience in a Retail Mortgage environment.
- Some college classes preferable.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across department and locations.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of mortgage banking compliance and regulations.
- Strong written, verbal and organizational and attention to detail skills.