As a Closer, you will be responsible for the timely and accurately preparing of final closing loan documents. This will include inputting and validating data to ensure accurate final calculations and loan information, reviewing and addressing title issues prior to closing. You will personally oversee the handling of the loan from the initial Loan Estimate to the Closing Disclosure and then preparation through funding.
The ideal candidate is an individual that is detail oriented, analytical and possess strong written, verbal, and organizational skills. They should be comfortable communicating effectively and in a professional manner. In addition, they will need to continue with industry guidelines updates.
Responsibility will include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate effectively, while serving as the main point of contact with all members involved in the transaction to rectify any problems and obtain any documentation required to complete the loan process.
- Review and validate all loans data and accurately input it into the mortgage origination system to prepare the closing documents.
- Review final closing packages for delivery to investor, image the closing package, and deliver collateral within required timeframes.
- Verify accurate the completion of disbursement funds, signatures and loan packages.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in software programs to include the whole Microsoft Office Suite, Encompass Ellie Mae, Fannie Mae Uniform Closing Dataset and Freddie Mac Loan Closing Advisor.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across department and locations.
- Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending practices and guidelines.
- Proficient in Ellie Mae Encompass and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of loan processing and closing policies guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of closing experience in a Retail Mortgage environment.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.