As a Loan Opener, you will be responsible for the final input of data required to open mortgage loan applications. In addition, you will be requesting the necessary documents and initiating the required steps to begin the application process. You will work hand in hand with the Customers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors and Underwriters.
This position is ideal for an individual that is motivated, well organized, smart and is looking to learn and advance in the Mortgage industry. They should be comfortable with multitasking and working in a fast- paced environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate directly and in a professional and consistent manner with clients, realtors, builders, and business partners.
- Order escrow, appraisal, title, flood, HOI, request case assignment, USPS, SSA89, 4506-T, etc.
- Retrieve all documents and assign accordingly then verifying and completing all fields.
- Submit loan application through AUS systems to receive qualifications.
- Perform any additional duties/activities assigned by management.
- Review checklist and conversation log for direction of loan.
- Update information in the computer systems as needed.
- Quality check on submitted loan file.
Desire Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in software programs to include Microsoft Office Suite and Ellie Mae Encompass or similar Loan Originating Software.
- Some Knowledge of concepts and principles for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government lending programs.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with externa and internal clients across department and locations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate Degree or equivalent mortgage-related experience.
- 2+ years file opening experience preferred.
- Positive attitude and team-oriented spirit.