As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the internal team members until the loan is finally closed.
This position is ideal for an individual that is motivated, well organized, friendly and is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to for a mortgage transaction. They should be comfortable communicating effectively and developing strong relationships with customers and other members in the real estate community. In addition, they will need to continue with industry guidelines updates.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review active loans files each day to determine if any documents are missing or respond to request made by internal team member involved in the transaction.
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant.
- Utilize professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the organization.
- Develop new and maintain relationship with other members in the real estate community in an effort to grow business.
- Communicate effectively and courteous with internal and external members involved in the transaction.
- Identify and recommend products that meets the customer’s needs and the organization lending guidelines.
- Meet with customers to determine their needs and recommend the right loan products to help their goals.
- Complete yearly education requirements set by the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Desire Skills and Qualifications:
- Licensed under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a mind for numbers.
- Able to analyze and calculate income.
- Highly Motivated and target driven.