As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you will be responsible for helping clients submit a complete 1003 loan application, discussing client’s needs, analyzing client’s income, assets & credit, placing clients in an appropriate loan product, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the internal team members until the loan is finally closed. This may involve uploading required supporting documentation for income, assets and credit.
This position is ideal for a team player that is motivated, well organized, friendly and is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to for a mortgage transaction. He/she should be comfortable communicating effectively and developing strong relationships with customers and other members in the real estate community. In addition, they will need to continue with industry guidelines updates.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet with customers to determine their needs and recommend the right loan products to help their goals.
- Assist customer in completing a 1003 mortgage loan application.
- Identify and recommend products that meets the customer’s needs and the organization lending guidelines.
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant.
- Develop new and maintain relationship with other members in the real estate community including real estate agents, developers and investors in an effort to grow business.
- Review active loans files each day to determine if any documents are missing or respond to request made by internal team member involved in the transaction.
- Utilize professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the organization.
- Communicate effectively and courteous with internal and external members involved in the transaction.
- Complete yearly education requirements set by the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- Complete yearly the NMLS continuing education requirements.
- Set proper expectations with clients and referral partners
- Licensed under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and attention to detail/ mathematical skills.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to analyze and calculate income.
- Highly Motivated and target driven.
English, Spanish a plus