QUALITY CONTROL AUDITOR
As a Quality Control Auditor, you will be responsible for monitoring the overall quality of loans with regard to originations. You will need to ensure our employees are in compliance with our company policies, investor and mortgage insurer requirements, including guidelines set by HUD, VA, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae. You will be able to accomplish this by conducting random, targeted and discretionally audits on mortgages the company originates.
The ideal candidate is an individual that is detail oriented, analytical and possess strong written, verbal, researching and organizational skills. They should be comfortable communicating effectively and in a professional manner. In addition, you will need to take the initiative to train and stay informed with new industry updates.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify trends and deficiencies in the origination and communicate these findings to the management to assure swift and appropriate corrective action.
- Execute discretionary audits to discover and guard against errors and omissions as well as fraud and internal violations policies.
- Aid in complying with appropriate bank, regulatory, and state specific document and servicing requirements.
- Research relevant requirements and changes as they relate to the entire Consumer Lending operation.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly QC reports.
Desire skills and qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending practices and guidelines.
- Proficient in Ellie Mae Encompass and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must exercise good judgment, accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- 3+ year of quality control experience in a consumer mortgage-lending environment.
- Some college classes preferable.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across department and locations.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of mortgage banking compliance and regulations.
- Strong written, verbal and organizational and attention to detail skills.