MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER
As a Mortgage Loan Underwriter, you will analyze the loan packages and review income, assets and credit to ensure it meets the required guidelines set by Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/Ginnie Mae, HUD and private investors. Upon positive eligibility, you will be tasked of matching the applicant with the most suitable lending program. At times, you will have to communicate with Company investors, Loan officers and Loan processors. The ideal candidate is an individual that is organized, detail oriented, analytical and possess strong written/ verbal communication and is a team player. He or she, should be comfortable communicating effectively and in a professional manner. In addition, the candidate will be expected to stay up to date with industry guidelines.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze submitted loans to ensure it meets loan program guidelines and requirements.
- Condition files for missing required supporting documentation.
- Revisit prior loans to review and clear requested conditions.
- Identify and calculate loan risk of loss.
- Approve, counter, or deny loan files.
- 5+ of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Direct endorsement (DE) Certification, VA Approval, LAPP Approval (optional)
- Advanced experience in Ellie Mae Encompass, Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter, Freddie Mac Loan Prospector and Microsoft office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, investor products, mortgage insurance and underwriting guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending practices and guidelines.
- Able to deal effectively and courteous with external and internal clients across departments and locations.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required with equivalent working experience stated above.
- English, and Spanish a plus
*Full benefits, 401K and PTO days included.